Metals and mining
US$ 23.9 billion
Total aggregate sales
US$ 1.9 billion
Average monthly sales
US$ 38.5 million
Total spending on CSR (health and community)
Total number of employees
Probability of dying from NCDs per country/region
Alcoa Healthy Rewards Program - My Alcoa Benefits
The Alcoa Healthy Rewards Program, powered by Highmark Inc. and WebMD®, offers online and telephonic health and wellness tools to empower employees to get and stay healthy – and receive a $300 financial reward.
Alcoa Healthy Rewards is available to: • Salaried, non-bargained and same as salaried bargained groups in the 2014 version of Choices • Employees in the 2014 version of Choices group who elected HMO coverage • U.S. expatriates covered by Alcoa's Global Plan; Spouses can participate, although they are not eligible for the cash reward.
A voluntary program.
The Healthy Rewards program offers: Fitness club memberships - employees can save up on memberships at participating facilities. Weight loss programs discounts and one-on-one sessions with a registered dietitian Discounts on massage therapy or acupuncture. Discounts on Health books and magazines from Mayo Clinic
Run by (vendors, partnerships, etc.)
Alcoa has partnered with PrevaMed GmbH to provide the PROCAM Health Risk Calculator. This online heart calculator takes just minutes to use, calculating individuals' heart and stroke risk.
Alcoa Global Wellness Initiative
A wellness initiative program that focuses on important issues of employees’ health such as physical activity, nutrition, tobacco usage and well being. It is a corporate-sponsored company-wide programs are supplemented by thousands of location programs and events, specifically addressing local needs, community expectations, and cultural relevance.
Launched in 2012
- Employee Wellness Committees: create customized programs addressing specific wellness issues for employees.
- Online Tools and Resources: a portal community, accessible to employees through the Alcoa Network, features a variety of online tools to help determine employees’ current state of wellness and set healthy goals.
- Support, Encouragement and Inspiration: gathering and promoting wellness success stories from around the globe in a variety of Alcoa communication outlets such as stories by colleagues who have lost weight, improved a chronic condition, quit smoking or made a significant improvement in their overall health and well being.
- In 2014, more than 7,200 Alcoa US employees underwent onsite or physician-provided biometric screenings to identify potential health issues.
- Employees completed more than 21,000 heart-health assessments using the PROCAM health risk calculator.
- In the same year, the company conducted their second global tobacco-cessation campaign.
- For the second year in a row, Alcoa was named the world’s most active organization by the Global Corporate Challenge. Approximately 22,400 employees participated in the challenge, logging a collective 26 billion steps.
Humanistic and productivity outcome:
- In 2014, the company expanded their global wellness infrastructure to more than 180 locations and 200 wellness leaders.
- Alcoa’s Building & Construction Systems (BCS) North America business became the first of their businesses to have tobacco-free campuses at all of its 20 locations.
Run by (vendors, etc.):
Highmark Blues on Call health coaches help Alcoa employees and their families by:
- Providing coaching on wellness and lifestyle issues (when requested)
- Calling to offer assistance in dealing with chronic health conditions, a new diagnosis, prescription medications and other health issues.