US$ 115 billion
Total aggregate sales
US$ 9.6 billion
Average monthly sales
EUR €230 million
Total spending on CSR (health and community)
Total number of employees
Probability of dying from NCDs per country/region
The aspects of the Vivere program are the biological, psychological, social and organizational aspects. The biological aspect, useful in the determination of risk factors, relates to personal habits and to family history of certain diseases; the psychological aspect covers self-esteem; the social aspect analyzes interpersonal relations; and the organizational aspect relates to the workplace environment (both physical and cultural).
93% of the Group’s Brazilian employees went through the first phase which includes a health and lifestyle diagnosis.
The activities of Vivere are organized around five pillars:
- healthy diet;
- risks contributing to cardiovascular disease;
- workplace and ergonomics;
- and interpersonal relationships.
Bate Caracao (Heart Beats) is a risk reduction program that focuses on the promotion through the new cardiovascular health program.
More than 963 employees from several Group companies have involved.
- The program initiates on the investment in health by supporting healthier diets for its employees.
- New food selections offering more variety and better quality were introduced in an initiative aimed at reducing the amount of sodium in the bread served, in order to decrease the risk of heart disease for the employees eating daily at the plant’s cafeteria. Some targeted initiatives were launched as well, such as one providing pregnant women (about 100) with healthier snacks.
A program that focuses on an investment in prevention and health and encouraged members to be engaged in their own health. Connect 2Bfit takes wellness to the next level. Encouraging good behaviors that are repeatable and sustainable in a fun environment with the support of peers, our employees will succeed.
98% of Chrysler’s employees are opting into Connect2bFit.
All salaried employees are eligible to participate in online challenges and the BCBSM Wellness suite of products at no additional cost to them whether or not they take medical coverage through Chrysler. Employees are encouraged to participate in the Healthy People Rewards program utilizing the Connect 2Bfit challenges. They receive a total of $480 for successfully completing two core challenges, each worth $240. The $480 can be used as a premium offset, applied to other benefits or used to purchase additional vacation days.
The program relies on the utilization of social media as social media helps connect members in different ways. They can support each other and help others meet their personal health goals. Team members do not have to be employees.
Employees and spouses participating in the program have visibly seen behavioral change and are making choices that can positively influence their lives. They are aware of their health assessment numbers, are talking to their doctors and have an action plan to get or stay healthy. When employees receive their reminder text message from Connect 2Bfit to input their steps, they take notice and enter their data. They want to walk more, share it with their coworkers and family members and overall want to improve their health. Simply by wearing a pedometer every day, they are taking steps both mentally and physically towards better health.
Health screening/assessment frequency:
Annual physical examination and a Health Assessment (HA) for employees and their spouse or domestic partner.
Chrysler Health Promotion Program
Four priority intervention areas:
- screening and vaccination activities (including services such as blood pressure glucose level and cholesterol monitoring, as well as free vaccinations);
- nutrition education initiatives (counseling on healthy eating in the workplace; healthier food options and offers);
- promotion of physical activity (increasing options for physical activity through sports teams or clubs, and advice on how to increase daily activity levels);
- smoking cessation programs (awareness campaign on issues related to smoking including long-term health risks; establishment of smoking cessation groups).
Approx. 9,700 employees participated in 2012
Incentives vary depending on the program (e.g., sportswear articles, techno-gadgets, annual financial incentives such as healthy people credits or tobacco-free credits that can be used within health plans), and are given to empower and recognize employee participation and accomplishments.
The program also holds an annual weight loss challenge that supports, informs and coaches on healthy eating and weight loss.
Participating employees will have access to Health and safety specialists.
Health screening/assessment frequency:
Biometric screening checks for cholesterol, blood pressure and glucose were completed during the year for approximately 10,400 Chrysler Group employees.
The Chrysler Group Health Care Benefit Plan
The Plan provides eligible employees and their eligible family members with a comprehensive health care package shortly after the beginning of employment. Four different health plans promote preventive care, well visits and patient education.
In 2012, 5,647 salaried employees and their eligible family members in the United States enrolled in one of these participation-based health care plans.
Salaried employees have two medical plan design options: Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HDHP/HSA).
The benefits include coverage for medical, dental, vision, mental health/substance abuse services, prescription drugs and wellness programs. Employees may enroll in the option that best meets their health care needs.
The Standard Care Network (SCN) allows members to manage their own health care and to visit almost any doctor or hospital, with the insurance company paying a predetermined portion of the total charges. The Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) is a group health insurance plan where the physicians and facilities work directly for the HMO. Employees are required to select a primary care physician who will then refer their medical needs to the system’s providers.
Run by (vendors, etc.):
The PPO offers a managed system of health care through a selected group of physicians, clinics and hospitals that have signed a contract with the PPO. The HDHP/HSA provides medical coverage with the ability to build tax-free funds to cover future medical expenses.
FASIF (formerly FASIQ and FASIFIAT)
In 2012, Fiat S.p.A., the trade unions adhering to the first-level Collective Labor Agreement (CCSL), and Fiat Industrial S.p.A. agreed to merge FASIFIAT and FASIQ into a single FASIF fund for both salaried and hourly employees, effective 1 January 2013. FASIQ provides services through specific insurance coverage according to a model based mainly on direct health care, utilizing the same network of accredited facilities as FASIFIAT. Under this agreement, the new fund will provide basic health care services to all Fiat S.p.A. and Fiat Industrial S.p.A. employees free of charge, including a cardiovascular check-up and Long Term Care (LTC) coverage in the event of a sudden loss of autonomy.
Costs (money, resources, etc.):
Two-thirds of plan expenditures are covered by the company and the remaining third by the employees, who also pay similar amounts for any family member enrolled
- The fund provides services to both managers (active and retired) and their families, mainly in the form of reimbursements for health care expenses and direct payment of dental care. Services such as X-rays, ultrasounds, lab tests, examinations and check-ups are provided through Fiat Sepin Medical Diagnostic Center, which ensures assistance through a staff of specialists in physiatry, orthopedics, cardiology, nutrition, physical therapy and postural exercises. Prevention programs with regular check-ups and a maternity package are also provided.
- The Medical Diagnostic Center, recently renovated, also hosts a sports medicine center providing check-ups and physical fitness certifications to engage in competitive or amateur sports activities. During the year, the Medical Center provided 43,000 specialist consultations, 1,500 check-ups, nearly 250,000 lab tests, 1,500 sports medicine consultations, and 2,300 occupational health consultations.
The program as covered more than 34,000 employees at Fiat Group companies and their families (FASIFIAT, FASIQ, FISDAF).
Run by (vendors, etc.):
FASIFIAT fund coordinates appointments at more than 470 private medical facilities and at approximately 10,800 outpatient clinics, diagnostic centers and laboratories. It has access to more than 80,000 specialist physicians, health care and social care providers, and nearly 4,750 accredited dentists. The plan also provides for on-call medical services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.