Metals and Mining
Hindalco Industries Ltd
Total score : 19
17%Transparency score: 17%
US$ 16.9 billion
Total aggregate sales
US$ 1.4 billion
Average monthly sales
US$ 20.6 million
Total spending on CSR (health and community)
Total number of employees
Probability of dying from NCDs per country/region
No records disclosed from Hindalco Industries Ltd. on their employee geographical details
The program focuses on Education, Training and Risk Control Program in place to assist Workforce Members, their families or community Members regarding series diseases.
- Conducting periodic medical check-up for Hindalco's employees to identify both occupational and life style disease;
- Providing further consultations with concerned specialists are conducted to ensure appropriate medical treatment to the affected employees. Records of all such examinations are maintained at OHC/Dispensary/HR Departments.
- Awareness programmes are conducted for employees and family members and the community for prevention and management of life style diseases such as heart problems, hypertension, diabetics and communicable diseases such as, malaria, TB and HIV Aids.
- Information on managing health is disseminated by Occupational Health Centre through emails.
- Health and Hygiene regulations as stipulated by the regulatory authorities for the company’s facilities are complied with.
- Positive topics such as Yoga/Meditation are also introduced to the employees and their families to ensure sound health
- All high risks (Occupational Health related) are controlled in order to reduce the residual risk to an acceptable level.
- Other services offered: Canteen facilities, Mediclaim Insurance for self and family , Company Colony, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Medical reimbursement.
- Medical Camps - 2382 number of camps conducted where 179,888 patients were treated;
- Eye camps - Hundreds of Villagers were checked and 2876 patients were operated upon and provided with intraocular lenses ;
- Camps for Tuberculosis, Malaria and Dental - 76398 Patients ;
- AIDS Awareness Programme - 7573 Adults participated
- Immunization against Polio - 4, 87,465 children;
- Programme on Sexually transmitted diseases and reproductive tract infection - 6729 people participated;
- Family Planning camps - 25 Camps organized; Operations for 2499 Women and Men.
- Renukoot Complex wins Greentech Safety Gold Award 2012 in the Mining & Metals category, for exemplary efforts towards Occupational Health & Safety and the Safety Innovation Award-2012, for implementing innovative safety management systems;
- Renusagar Power Plant wins Greentech Safety Gold Award 2012 in the power Plant category, for exemplary efforts in Occupational Health & Safety;
- Taloja Rolling Plant wins the overall title for “Maharashtra Safety Awards - 2011” competition for its commendable safety performance, Scheme-I, Lowest Average Accident Frequency Rate;
- Renusagar Power Division wins the Safety Innovation Award-2012, in the Power Sector category, for outstanding achievement in safety management;
- Hirakud Power Plant wins CII Odisha Award 2012 (2nd Runners Up), for Best Practices in Environment, Safety & Health.