Peabody Energy Corp
US$ 6.8 billion
Total aggregate sales
US$ 567 million
Average monthly sales
US$ 3.4 million
Total spending on CSR (health and community)
Total number of employees
Probability of dying from NCDs per country/region
No records disclosed from Peabody Energy Corp. on their employee geographical details
Peabody Energy's Wellness program
Employee programs at Peabody begin with an emphasis on prevention and physical fitness and encourage employees to invest in their health and wellness.
Australia and USA
In 2014, 61 percent of employees and covered spouses participated in this program.
Employees receive incentives for regularly seeking preventive care and building relationships with their primary care physicians. In the United States, the company provides employees and covered spouses $150 each upon the completion of a physical examination. In Australia, employees' socialized coverage is supplemented with Peabody's "whole approach" remuneration package. This includes an annual structured health awareness program and personalized recommendations for management, in addition to other benefits. Benefits in Australia include discounted health club membership rates, workshops and subsidized or organized fitness programs.
- Peabody provides a tobacco cessation program in the United States that includes telephonic and web-based counseling along with over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapy.
- The company offers annual worksite flu shots and preventive services covered at 100 percent with no annual dollar limi
- Peabody operates and supports facilities to encourage employee health and fitness, from a state-of-the art center at the company's St. Louis headquarters to a well-equipped gym at the Terowie Camp serving workers of the company's Coppabella and Moorevale mines in Australia's Bowen Basin.
- Other benefits include: Reimbursement for health club and Weight Watchers memberships in the United States, as well as a new health and fitness facility at the company's St. Louis global headquarters
- It also provides an Employee Assistance Program that provides counseling and comprehensive life management services.
- Non-Health Care Benefits Employees also benefit from:
- An Employee Assistance Program that provides counseling and comprehensive
- life management services.
- Adoption Assistance to help offset expenses
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Business travel accident coverage
- Tax-free health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Tuition assistance
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Global matching gifts program
- Vacation and holidays
In 2012, Peabody earned top honors at the Australia and New Zealand Annual Employee Share Ownership Awards Program in Melbourne, Australia, for "best performance in fostering long-term share ownership"