Exploration and production
PetroChina Co Ltd
US$ 370.5 billion
Total aggregate sales
US$ 30.9 billion
Average monthly sales
￥3.1 million 元 (Chinese Yuan Renminbi)
Total spending on CSR (health and community)
Total number of employees
Probability of dying from NCDs per country/region
No records disclosed from PetroChina Co Ltd. on their employee geographical details
The Company abides by the Prevention and Control of Occupational Diseases Act of the People’s Republic of China in its occupational health management, focusing on the prevention and control of hazards as well as the implementation of related measures.
In 2014, PetroChina's Liaohe Oilfield Company launched a two-year campaign named “Health in Liaohe” in order to raise awareness of health issues. "Health in Liaohe" Campaign improves employee health among employees and enhance the ability of employees to tackle health issues ranging from occupational health, psychological health, disease prevention and sports science.
The company also offers the following services:
- Provides pre-deployment, on-the-job and post-deployment health checks for staff who work in hazardous roles. The Company has improved the management of employee health surveillance records to provide customized medical services for employees.
- Proactively monitors and controls workplace and occupational hazards and have standardized the evaluation of occupational hazards for construction projects.
- Ensures that employee health and safety facilities in a construction project are designed, constructed, and put into use at the same time as the main project, and continue to improve employees’ working and living environment
- Simultaneous Measures” for Occupational Health at Construction Projects, which regulates the management of occupational health facilities for new construction, renovation and expansion projects.
- Provides occupational health protection facilities at more than 60,000 projects to protect employees from occupations hazards such as toxins, dust, and noise, and brought the inspection and maintenance of such facilities within the scope of safety and environmental hazard control. Paying close attention to employees’ mental health. PetroChina was among the first Chinese enterprises to implement the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) in overseas projects.
- In 2014, the rate for physical exams for occupational health remained at over 97% and the detection rate for occupational hazards in the workplace was also over 97%.
- Number of employees taking regular physical exercise exceeds 50% Number of employees suffering from high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and high blood sugar drops by 10%
- Since the launch of the program, the proportion of overseas employees with poor mental health has dropped by 21%. In 2014, an EAP internet platform was launched to provide overseas employees with online psychological counseling
- In 2014, the company carried out a promotion week on the prevention and treatment of occupational diseases and over 20,000 employee and health managers took part in occupational health training. They also organized for employees to attend the national contest for occupational disease prevention and treatment, where the Company won awards.