In 2014, PetroChina's Liaohe Oilfield Company launched a two-year campaign named “Health in Liaohe” in order to raise awareness of health issues. "Health in Liaohe" Campaign improves employee health among employees and enhance the ability of employees to tackle health issues ranging from occupational health, psychological health, disease prevention and sports science.
The company also offers the following services:
- Provides pre-deployment, on-the-job and post-deployment health checks for staff who work in hazardous roles. The Company has improved the management of employee health surveillance records to provide customized medical services for employees.
- Proactively monitors and controls workplace and occupational hazards and have standardized the evaluation of occupational hazards for construction projects.
- Ensures that employee health and safety facilities in a construction project are designed, constructed, and put into use at the same time as the main project, and continue to improve employees’ working and living environment
- Simultaneous Measures” for Occupational Health at Construction Projects, which regulates the management of occupational health facilities for new construction, renovation and expansion projects.
- Provides occupational health protection facilities at more than 60,000 projects to protect employees from occupations hazards such as toxins, dust, and noise, and brought the inspection and maintenance of such facilities within the scope of safety and environmental hazard control. Paying close attention to employees’ mental health. PetroChina was among the first Chinese enterprises to implement the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) in overseas projects.